The Co-op is member-owned and governed by an elected board.
The responsibilities of the board consist of the following:
- Provide overall direction for the co-op on behalf of the membership.
- Ensure sound management of the co-op through the hiring and evaluation of a general manager.
- Establish organizational policies that are consistent with the bylaws and the nationally recognized cooperative principles.
- Establish systems for informing members of co-op business and allowing them to provide input into plans. present progress reports at manager meetings.
- Create any committees as may be necessary to carry out the goals of the co-op.
- Sign legal documents as necessary to facilitate co-op business.
The 2017 Board is as follows:
BOARD OF DIRECTORS
- Angela Reh – President
- Gaby Carstens – Vice President
- Ruth Heavener – Secretary
- Devin Diehl – Treasurer
- Robert O’Connor
- Mela Taylor
- Tia Johnson – Employee Representative
The board of director elections take place every year in the spring. Any member of the Co-Op may run for an open seat on the board.
If you are interested in serving on any of the board committees there are opportunities to do so, please get in touch by contacting us at email@example.com
updated October 2017